Flames & Stripes
EVH will release a couple of cool-looking new Wolfgang Special models at this year’s NAMM Show in Anaheim. All new guitars of the EVH line will feature a fully adjustable Tune-o-Matic bridge with tailpiece, the typical Wolfgang body made of basswood and EVH’s own Wolfgang humbuckers.
The two versions with solid colors will be available in Gloss Black and Vintage White with matching headstocks and black hardware.
Just like the more expensive EVH Wolfgang models, the neck and fretboard will be made of maple (quartersawn) with a satin finish. A compound radius fretboard makes playing fast licks and crazy tappings easy as possible.
The new Wolfgang Special models will also feature MXR-Style knobs and EVH tuners. As shown in the title picture, the other two models will be available with either a Flamed Maple top, transparent Burnt Cherry Burst finish or with Eddie’s trademark Stripe Design in Black/Yellow.
Availability & Features:
According to EVH, the first instruments will be arriving in March at dealers across the globe. Prices are targeted at under 1000€ for the solid-colored Wolfgang Specials and a little bit more for the flametop and stripe versions.
- EVH Wolfgang body shape
- Basswood body
- Flamed Maple top (on Burnt Cherry Burst finish only)
- Bolt-on Maple neck (Quartersawn) w/Graphite Reinforcement
- Maple fretboard
- 22 jumbo frets
- Compound fretboard radius
- 2x EVH Wolfgang humbucker (direct mounted)
- Master Volume, Master Tone, 3-way toggle switch
- 25,5″ scale length (648mm)
- MXR-Style knobs
- Fully adjustable Tune-o-Matic bridge w/Stop tailpiece
- EVH tuners
- Available colors: Gloss Black, Vintage White, Burnt Cherry Burst, Black/Yellow Stripes